Day 8: The Landing Strip

Have you ever miss placed your house keys or been frustrated because there is junk mail scattered through out your home? Do you struggle getting everything together to leave the house or just hate that coats are never hung up? If any of these symptoms sound familiar today's 20/20 Home Cure challenge for you:
Today I want us all to think about the biggest weapon you can have when fighting for order in your home- The Landing Strip. Part filter, part strategy for entering your home, you can either work toward the three main elements today (coat hook, door mat, Landing Strip) or you can simply establish a Landing Strip routine for the setup that you already have. As you will see in the video, our setup is very adapted for our small space. Feel free to adapt yours as necessary.
The picture is not of my apartment, it's from 6 Components to a Landing Strip. After reading the article, I realized I have 1/4th of a landing strip. I have hooks for my keys, purse and coat. It's a nice coat tree my grandfather made me years ago. I also have a flat surface...but I don't actually use it. So maybe I only have 1/6th of a landing strip. So that's what I'm going to work on when I get home.

Comments

Jecca said…
i just love his videos.


i'm currently moving into a new bedroom and sitting room actually, so i'll be doing all of this in the next few days to prepare for my new housemate. great timing!