Day Four's Inspiration: Pegasus

And I thought yesterdays look was a challenge...

Why did I think I could do an actual winged line when I can't do the normal black winged like? I never would have tried this if not for the pegasus. I am not the one who came up with the idea; I first saw it this past April while trying to figure out how to do a simple winged eyeliner and discover this clever take on a "winged eye." I thought it was neat but beyond my skills. It wasn't till I was trying to decided how to communicate "pegasus" that decided to attempt it. Thanks to the interwebs there are a few tutorials and many different reference ideas.

First thing in the morning, before applying makeup I did a few tests with a fine angled brush and light shadow to plan out the wing. Then I did a second round of trials and experiments before a social distance with my family. I still wasn't feeling confident so I did a few sketches of wings. What I discovered was I don't really know how to draw a wing. There were more trials and a lot of failed attempts before I even applied foundation. Thankfully I did not get frustrated during this process. When I thought I was ready I did my normal face prep, primrose lip, and the blue liner.

Next I used a white eye liner by NYX, I have both the regular and jumbo and used them both. What I did wasn't symmetrical which is when I decided to make a stencil. I drew a wing line then cut along the edge placing the top of the curve on my face so I could draw the wing. After that things went smoother. The biggest challenge was trying the new style of fake lashes; they just didn't want to go on. In the end it all came together better than I imagined.

I'll be back with the next look tomorrow at 7:00 am. See you then.

Comments