Day Two's Inspiration: Dryad

I always think of dryads and naiads together, which is why today's look is dryad inspired, to go with yesterday's naiad makeup. There are a lot of similarities to the two looks with mostly just a change in colour choice. I could have, maybe even should have, used more brown and earth tones in the look to express the tree's trunk and roots. I kept with the green because I like greens and I didn't think of it 'til after the picture had already been uploaded. A more rational answer would be that the vibrant greens represent the young sprouts and early buds of spring.

My favourite part is the lips. I started with just the lime green lip. Similar to yesterday I used a eye liner pencil; only the solo green didn't look as good as the blue water lip yesterday. Before whipping it off and starting again I decided to try adding a second eye liner in the shade of "forest." The two shades of green blended together better than I had planned. Another difference with the dryad look was in the contouring. I am not sure it is noticeable in the picture picture. I mixed a bit of the emerald green eye shadow in with the regular contouring colours for a more leafy look.

This is were I would normally go into more details about the products used and how I used them. I'm really not sure it is necessary. The techniques are the same as yesterdays look (minus the two things I mentioned above). The most significant new/different product was a Wet and Wild's new Jungle Rock eye shadow palette. If you miss the longer breakdown let me know by leaving a comment. And with that, the next mythical look with be up tomorrow at 7:00 am for you to guess as to what creature was the inspiration.

Comments