Revenge of the Fifth

I've been missing the inspiration and playfulness of the MLP makeup challenge last month. Yet I am still preparing for May's makeup challenge.  In the mean time I thought yesterday and today would be good days for Star Wars looks. Alex and I couldn't agree on if it is better "Revenge of the Fifth" or if I should have waited a day and gone with "Revenge of the Sixth." What do you think?

This is unlike any look I have ever attempted. I didn't have black lip stick or red eye shadows. I got creative and used a black eyeliner on my lips with a red lipstick from NYX. And then used that same lipstick as a creamy eye shadow. I also used the dark eye shadow in my shadowing of contours. Using a eyeliner to darken my eyebrows was a bit stressful. I normally never touch my brows. Trying to get them to look good and symmetrical was a challenge. Lastly, I tried the magnetic fake lashes again. It went better this time because I didn't worry as much about keeping the line super thin. Any smudges just blended in with the black shadow on the lids. I like the picture with the hood the best; it completes the "joined the dark side" look but it hides the makeup, here's a picture without the hood:
I'm working on three makeup related blog post that will be up throughout the month. First the promised new inspiration challenge will be up later this week. I'll share the explanation post this Friday, May 8 with the start date of Monday, May 11. I'm going to give myself the weekends to be makeup free or at least free not to feel the need to do a look and post it. Next I'm working on reflections from the 30 Days of Makeup. I have two thoughts that stood out to me from the experience. Last is kind of makeup adjacent, I am working on a post about some of my personal cosplay dreams. It would be like a bucket list of characters I want to try, props I want to make, and makeup application techniques I want to try. Those will be later out this month.

Comments