Day Three's Inspiration: Will-o'-the-Wisp

Today's makeup may look simple, however this was the most challenging makeup I've done yet, that includes all of last month's makeup too. This was the first time I had to restart a makeup look, almost gave up, and cried. At the center of all my troubles -fake flashes. The upside, Sister got the mythical inspiration in one guess (she texted me her answer).

The first attempt had more blue eyeliner, mostly on the top lid. I also attempted a white lip with a blue outline but decided on a simple nude lip colour to bring the focus to the eyes. I had a concept but no real plan on how to accomplish it. The trouble came when I tried to use the magnetic gel to attach the magnetic fake lashes (the false flashes I'm wearing are to the same set). The liner is goopy and thick and tricky to apply with the tiny brush. This was my fourth attempt with this set. I was almost getting the hang of applying. What helped was the previous successful looks already had a black outline and the gel just enhanced the look. This time the magnetic gel covered the work I had done and lost the light look I was hoping to achieve. In my attempts to fix the look I got both mascara and the goopy gel on my fingers and managed to smudge it on the lids and cheeks...and this is when the tears began.

For the second attempt I was able to keep most of the foundation and only had to restart on the eyes. Having had the practice of the first try things went smoother and quicker the second time around. It was hard to accept in the heat of the moment but the need to try again actually enabled me to get closer to the idea I had in my head. I still felt it needed fake lashes but wasn't going to try the magnetic lashes, at least not on this look. So instead I pulled out a set of traditional lashes with lash glue. There was a bit of a learning curve. My only previous experience was exactly a year ago for the Bellweather/Zootopia cosplay. Now to plan tomorrow's look, it will be posted at 7:00 am.

Comments