Day Nine's Inspiration: Medusa

I've discovered my makeup nemesis; it is - - -symmetry! Can you see the difference between the two eyes? It was very noticeable in person. I tried to improve the discrepancies before taking photos. Making the eyes match has become the bane of my more precise looks and eyebrows just scare me. Most of the time I keep my eye looks simple without eyeliner so that the blending can be similar enough that they look like they match. It is the adding of eye liner that is the challenge.

I've also discovered my eyes are slightly different shape. I first noticed this on the Pegasus wings and the Banshee eyebrows. It seems impossible to make the two match when they don't match. I idolize and envy the makeup gurus who seem to effortlessly produce matching, symmetrical looks. Maybe all it will take is practice?

The above makeup was not my first Medusa attempt. I tried a "snake skin" technique. I think it looks cool but needs some work and more practice. It is also easier to see how different the two eyes really turned out.
 

Which Medusa did you like the best?

Comments