Mythical Makeup Reflections

What a month of makeup May has been. Fifteen unique looks all inspired by mythical creatures. This came about from the 30 Days of Makeup challenge I set for myself in April. What I learned about myself then was that while I like wearing makeup what I enjoy most is trying new techniques, creating intense or unusual looks, and my most favourite makeup is the more costumey or inspirational. It makes sense, I wanted to improve my makeup skills so that I could be a more confident cosplayer.

The challenge was a hoot. While most of the times, trying new things at times created tension in me. The resulting successes were worth the weeping and gnashing of teeth. Looking at all fifteen makeup pictures together I am a little amazed at how different each image is from the others and how much I was able to change my look. I think this might be worth repeating next year with new or maybe more creatures.
My Personal Top Five Favourite Looks:
5) Will-'o-the-Wisp
4) Elf
3) Fairy
2) Sphinx
1) Griffin

If you want to find the original looks all the links are below. The first link is the morning post that introduced the makeup. The second link is the reveal of the mythical character that inspired the look. Most days the pictures for the day are the same but there are a few, like the banshee and the dragon, where the reveal picture is different.
All Fifteen Looks:
Day 1: May 15 - Naiad
Day 2 -May 16 - Dryad
Day 3 -May 17 - Will-'o-the-Wisp
Day 4 -May 18 - Pegasus
Day 5 -May 19 - Banshee
Day 6: May 20 - Sphinx
Day 7: May 21 - Unicorn
Day 8: May 22 - Fairy
Day 9: May 23 - Medusa
Day 10: May 24 - Valkyrie
Day 11: May 25 - Phoenix
Day 12: May 26 - Griffin
Day 13: May 27 - Dragon
Day 14: May 28 - Mermaid
Day 15: May 29 - Elf

In other life news. Today is 40 Days till Alex and I get married!

Comments