Deadline Needed

Months back I randomly found NaNoWriMo. Wondering what wasNaNoWriMo, I stayed to explore. Turns out it is short for National Novel Writing Month. It is an international community devoted to the challenge of writing a novel in November. The basic rule is you start writing on November 1st and aim to finish before midnight the last day of the month. "Winners" are those who completed a 'novel' of 50,000 words. Their philosophy is that people are more likely to write with a deadline (November 30th) and if they have a connected to those in the same situation.

I was intrigued. I've been waiting to sign up because registration didn’t begin till October 1st, but the idea has been in the back of my mind for months. I register this morning. I am now officially participating in NaNoWritMo 2007. Thirty sleeps till the writing mayhem begins.

Comments

Jecca said…
This is very intriguing to me...you've made me reconsider continuing to put novel-writing aside for years to come. This strongly reminds me of "Alex and Emma."

I'm gonna give this some thought.