Hours Three and Four

Sitting through two back to back sessions of Bevere’s Driven By Eternity tonight was intense. We were playing catch-up from last weekend’s Thanksgiving celebrations (a happy belated Canadian Thanksgiving). The stuff was good but there was a lot to take in…my mind is the consistency of oatmeal.

Hour Three was on those who have been deceived. They believe that they are going to heaven, but are found amongst those that Jesus says, "away from me, I never knew you." Much was said, it is a 45 minute video, different reasons were given. He came down hard on seeker-sensitive churches for making it too easy to join the "born-again-club" and not explaining the call of Christ to come die and take up your cross. Hour Four Bevere walked through Scriptures warning that believers can lose their salvation.

During both I remember thinking "good word, good word" but none of those instances stand out right now. After the second video a lady I was talking to said, "He’s saying the things I think better than I can." I agree, nothing he is saying is new, but it is all concentrated with an eternal focus. It’s like I’ve been looking at an art book full of studies, a snip it here or a section there, but here’s a large picture. The subject tonight rubbed a few people the wrong way, the discussion time was good. I am glad we are doing this as a church. I am now off to bed in hopes that my gray matter with but less goo like tomorrow, I leave you with the passage that stood out and encouraged me the most tonight:

To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy— to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.
Jude 24-25

Comments