Ministry Monday

This morning a saint in the church saved my job. The supply closet/room recently had three new sets of shelves mounted. While the work was being done all the markets, crayons, papers, glue, and everything else was strewn across one of the classrooms. Before Scott left for the Ukraine we were talking about the different things that needed to be done. He asked about the resource closet. I promised that it would be organized before he got back. He then asked what if it wasn’t and I told him he could fire my butt. With five days to spare the closet was organized, my job was saved, and it was well with the world, all thanks to the hard work of one very wonderful servant.

She was amazing. Everything has a place and can easily be found. There were things in the closet I didn’t even know we had like frog costumes, seashells, and a cloth nativity that I thought was lost. She also found boxes and boxes of old Sunday school curriculum, dated lessons, and old clubhouse programs. What do you do with material once it has served it purpose or is out dated?

Comments

Robin said…
I'm sure it'll burn nicely.
Elizabeth said…
Pyro!

...wait that might actually work...
Steph said…
you could contact church plants and see if they would have any use for it, or other local churches who might need something new. You can't sell it (as far as I know), but you can give it.