Gratitude Challenge: Day 17

FUEL, the church's midweek BIG something for everyone program, launched tonight. I oversee the children ages 3 to grade 5. We're trying a new curriculum company. The first unit is "Jesus League" a play of the Justice League.

We had some fun getting ready for the kids. I made a glitter jar to try a new time out/calm down technique. The next thing we had a frustrating-fun time trying to make a flashlight into a bat signal. We never actually got it to work. However, the the new unicorn ring game I found was a huge hit.

Today I am thankful...

  1. that Susi and I didn't burn down the church with Bat Signal attempt nine
  2. that Alex was willing to pick up a few things I discovered I still needed on his way to FUEL including things like glitter glue, chocolate, and a bat signal pen (He couldn't find the last item but I am thankful he looked.)
  3. that the Unicorn Game was a hit
  4. a new volunteer that sat with a few children that needed extra help focusing
  5. The glitter bottle worked
BONUS THANKFUL THING: Susi was very thankful that we did not get glitter everywhere in her office while making the glitter bottles.

__________________________________________________
8 sleeps till Best Friend Hugs!
9 Sleeps till I'm in NS
69 Sleeps till Christmas
155 Sleep till Breakout (Game Con 1)
192 Sleeps till 39
260 Sleeps till King Con (Game Con 2)
300 Sleeps till Germany
329 Sleeps till Ottawa Comic Con
557 Sleeps till 40

Comments