October 40 Before 40 Update

Good morning Friends, I'm up early in preparation for the last bit of driving to NS today. While breakfast is getting ready I thought this might be the only time to write the challenge review I promised last month.

Today, I am a year and a half away from 40!

For this reason, we're looking at my progress on on the 40 Before 40. This has been an on going list since 2017 because some of these goals are bigger and require more than a year to accomplish them. I also realize I now only have a year and a half left to finish.

I'm going to use the same progress key as the 38 While 38:

Challenge Legend:
Black =have not started
Green =just started or have a plan
Blue =in progress and success is possible
Purple =VICTORY!

01) Hike the Camino de Santiago.
This seems like it will remain a dream

02) Read the whole Bible...again.
I'm 88.5% done

03) Finish all the Spanish Duolingo [in Level Two] lessons.
When I set this challenge in 2014 and I started using the app there were only 61 Spanish units. They have restructured the course; there is more now. I've decided the new challenge is all lessons in second checkpoint. I think it's 170 crowns. I am currently at 111

04) Make a life time bucket list. 
I did it you can read it here.

05) Be debt free.
Still a goal.

06) Be healthy.
Currently working on no sugar.

07) Break a bad habit.
I have a habit in mind.

08) Run a 5km Race.
Um...nope.

09) Do an unassisted pull-up curl-up.
Um...nope.

10) Meet the Doctor.
Sadly not yet.

11) See more of Canada. 
There has been much Canada visiting.

12) Explore Ottawa: 
I have 1) Tour the Parliament buildings 2) Visit the National Gallery, 3) Seen ice sculptures during Winterlude.

13) Attend a Festival. 
I've gone to Winterlude and a Japanese Summer Cultural Festive.

14) Hug a llama (or alpaca).
Not sure how to make this happen.

15) Volunteer. 
I volunteered to lead/drive food drive teams.

16) Try something new.


17) Take a class/course.
The weekly shieldmaiden is a class.

18) (Attempt to) Publish a story.
I haven't tried yet.

19) Edit and share a story.
Same as above.

20) Do something extreme.
Not yet.

21) Try online dating. 
I signed up on three services. Then I met Alex.

22) See the Northern Lights.

23) Let go of stuff.
A friend helped me let go when I moved.

24) Reread Sophie's World.
Need to find my copy.

25) Reread the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings.
Alex and I are listening to the Hobbit.

26) Reread Narnia and more C.S. Lewis.
Will be reading Narnia over Christmas

27) Give the blog a make over.
I haven't done this either.

28) Finish a project.
Hmmm...nope

29) Knit a sweater.

30) Establish a Morning Routine.
I had a wonderful routine before I moved into my new place. I need to reestablish a morning routine.

31) Establish a Night Routine. 
I also had a wonderful routine before I moved into my new place. I am thinking I need to reestablish a night routine.

32) Practice Contemplative Spirituality.
I've done but want to do again.

33) Journal.

34) Exercise.

35) Keep Food Journal.
I did this, I think I need to do it again.

36) No Sugar.
Done.

37) Draw.
I was drawing. I haven't been lately but it was happening.

38) Girlie Experiment 1: Hair.
Think this will need to wait till next year.

39) Girlie Experiment 2: Make-up.
Think this will also need to wait till next year.

40)  Dance.
I'm dancing more,  mostly silly dances.

Comments