NaNo Novel-ing Update

Did I just add spitball warrior iguanas to my novel?

I think I did.

I love the desert warrior iguanas they entered the story last night in a writing challenge to include cherry pie, an iguana, a silver dollar, and a spitball fight. Writing prompts and "I dares yous" are making writing fun. Other than those challenges the noveling is going well...ish. I am starting to like the concept of my story and there have been some unexpected silliness that makes writing fun. The biggest issue at the moment is catching on word count. My current daily average has me finishing January 8th, 2012.

This is one of my favourite scenes so far:
Tray decided magical clouds were horrible creatures. If she never had to fly by cloud again it would be too soon. The journey had started well enough. She was dry and content then her cloud got into an argument with passing cloud. The disagreement escalated into a full thunder storm that left Tray soaked and cold for the last half of the flight. Clouds are very temperamental.


NaNo Song of the Week:

Comments

Jecca said…
i love that excerpt Liz! excellent imagery descriptions while being witty. almost jane austen-esque :) <3