Plot Bunnies Points & Prizes

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
--John Steinbeck

I love getting ready for NaNoWriMo. Half the fun, for me, is coming up with new ideas for events. Last year, during my preparation, I discovered the "Great Points Race" another region was using to help keep people motivated. After contacting the MLs organizing the race I adapted the points race for my region.

During November writers can earn points. There are points for reaching word count goals or showing up at write-ins. Other points require some more effort like making a donation to the Office of Letters and Lights (the non-profit that runs NaNoWriMo), sharing your writing space in the forums, or for catching up to five plot bunnies. At the TGIO party the person with the most points has first pick of the prizes. The second highest will have second pick till and so on till all the prizes have been given out.

I've been maintaining sixth place and haven't taken advantage of writing space or plot bunny points...till now. First, my writing space. I write where ever my netbook is. This year it seems to be TAN or Jenn's couch. If I'm home I tend to write on the floor next to my bed. Ta da -writing space (for 50 points):
Next the Plot Bunny(plt bn):

1) A plot bunny is a story idea that refuses to go away until it is written. The term's origin is unknown but is known to predate NaNoWriMo. Because plot bunnies tend to multiply quickly, the term is thought to be related to the oft-quoted John Steinbeck quote about ideas and rabbits. -from the Wikiwrimo

2) A creative and fun way to earn up 250 points (5 x 50 points) in the Valley's great points race:

Comments

Unknown said…
Fun times. I love the little knitted plot bunny. I wish i lived closer to a writing group for nano, but alas my calendar is too full as it is.