The Best of Bowl of Stew(art) 2011

2011 was Bowl of Stew(art)’s best year –EVER! It really was. I know, I know, it sounds like a cliché. Every year-end review says is was a great year -but it was truly a great blogging year for me. I posted more than any previous year, was happy with the overall content, and celebrated my blogs 1000th Post WOOT! Through out the year the comments and reader support has been wonderful and encouraging.

Even the stats have been great. Overall year visits to the site were 40% higher than 2010. I thought that was a fantastic accomplishment that April surpassed last year’s record for the highest hits in a month with 549 unique visits to the blog. That was until July which 704 hits! How could I possibly expect more than that? Everyone who visits the site made that happen and it made me smile. So....there are no words for the shock I had in November when the site got 804 hits. Thank you everyone who keeps visiting Bowl of Stew(art)! You make me smile and do a little happy dance.

Looking back on the year, these are my choices for the best Bowl of Stew(art) post of 2011:
  1. Oh, The Places We've Been
  2. A Book Is Not A Solution
  3. Making Wonderland Parts 1, 2, 3, & 4
  4. The Debate Part 1 (I really need to write part 2)
  5. My Dad!
  6. My Mum!
  7. An Abby Story: Not Good-bye
  8. Meeting a Hero
I am not sure what 2012 will hold. I plan to keep the weekly Simple Woman Daybooks, Thankful Thursdays and maybe the Friday 5s. It is easy to get too ambitious but I hoping bring back Rate the Fun board game reviews, share more of my fiction and maybe add some new monthly features.

What do you think, did I miss one of your favourite posts? Do you have any suggestions for a series of articles? What types of posts would you like to see more of? If you have a thoughts or suggestion I would love to hear them. Please leave a comment below.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'd love to see rate the fun come back. speaking of which if you haven't yet you need to give munchkin a try one of my current favorites.
Elizabeth said…
I have tried it. I like it depending on who is playing.