Handmade Gift Ideas for a Whovian

Happy Saturday and welcome to the sixth day of the Whovian Countdown.

This evening I went to a winter coral concert with friends. It was fantastic. As we waited during intermission, we read the bios. The best was the piano guy's which included something like "if you want video game or movie music played on a church organ at your wedding he's your guy." So after the concert I asked went over and asked him the most important question, "can you play the Doctor Who theme song?" He can! Parents be warned: the Doctor Who theme song might be played at my wedding.* I thought it was fun and enjoyed geeking out over Doctor Who with him. Much joy.

Only two more Saturdays left before Christmas. Saturdays have often been the best time for me to do any Christmas shopping. With that in mind, today I'm sharing some gift ideas that any Whovian would enjoy. All of these suggestions are handmade creations or could be homemade by you. The first two are local artisans that I've discovered at different craft fairs and events.

1. Something from An Oddity or Two
I love her artwork. I saw her stuff last year at Hal-Con and picked up a TARDIS and 5th Doctor magnet. A few weeks ago I saw her at a local craft fair and picked up her new 11th Doctor magnet. She told me she will be releasing a new doctor and a dalek design next year. She also has ornaments, bookmark, earring and other stuff and covers a varity of fandoms -Star Wars, Firefly, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, and Sherlock.
Photo: Tardis and Serenity and Daleks oh my! Whipping up a batch of shiny glass ornaments. They'll be ready this weekend for purchase. $10 a bauble. 
OH!!! Looking on her facebook it looks like she has finished the 12th...Someone let Santa know this is on my wishlist.

2.  Something from Paradise Papercraft
Paradise Papercraft
I am not sure you can tell in the picture but he does fantastic work. He had TARDIS cards and bookmarks when I met him at a craft fair. Love his work. He also covers a variety of fandoms including the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. I bought these lovely bookmarks. The last one is hard to see because of the glare, it is the silhouette side profile of all of the Doctors and the last image is the TARDIS.

3. The 4th Doctor's Scarf
Tom Baker's scarf is an icon symbol of Doctor Who and coveted by any Whovian. If you knit and have time you could make one, the original was 12 feet long. I would recommend visiting the Doctor Who Scarf site for the pattern, colour selection help, and other useful tips.

If knitting is not your thing and you can enlist the help of any knitters there are Doctor scarves for sale on Esty. The prices range from $40 to $380. Please read all information before you buy anything especially the shipping agreements.

4. The 4th Doctor's Scarf-Themed Knit Wear
Also on Esty, I found socks, mittens, sweaters, blankets, even hula-hoops in the design of the 4th Doctor's scarf.
Tom Baker Scarf-themed Beginner Hula Hoop - Collapsible Travel Weighted Dance Hoop - Doctor Who - Tan, Green, Yellow, Blue, Red, Purple
JessHoops on Etsy
5. Anything By Karen Hallion!

I love her artwork! It's great!
She is amazingly talented!!! 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And there are happy crossovers!!!
This needs more exclamation marks!**

You can find her work on Etsy, TeeFury, Redbubble, facebook, deviant art, TeePublic, and her gallery page. I have a hard time choosing a favourite. There are so many good pieces. I also love her Frozen-Who, Up-Who, Potter-Who, and Ghibli-Who. Mixed Fandoms is happy. Please let Santa know :)

Countdown Till Christmas Special Airs: 19 sleeps
Countdown Till Sister Hugs and Family Visit: 19 sleeps
Countdown Till This Whovian sees the Christmas Special: 20 sleeps
Tomorrow's Countdown Post: It's a Surprise (even to me)
Yesterday's Countdown Post: Nine Reasons I Love The 9th Doctor
Episodes Watched Today: TV break because of the concert. Tomorrow I'm starting series 3 with the Runaway Bride. 

*Parents, the comment about the use of the Doctor Who theme at my wedding is in no way indication that you began planning or worrying about a wedding.

**I apologize for the excessive use of exclamation marks. It is from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. Also I am sleep so am acting silly. I probably should proof-read again. I also apologize if this entire post only makes sense to me.

Comments