Hello 39! -A Blessed Birthday

May Edit: I'm not sure what happened. This was finished and published and then almost two weeks later it was reverted to an earlier draft (only the first paragraph and pictures). If you read the original post this is similar but I've had to attempt to rewrite what was in the original post.
The day started early, very early. It actually started very late the night before. We started playing the last board game of 103 which we didn't get started till just after 10:30 pm. It was the big game of Firefly. We played till 1:30 am. Being up that the late meant I was up for the first birthday phone call just after midnight.
Then I was up very early for the annual sunrise birthday picture. Alex joined me. We went to the boat launch I've used the past few years. It was misty and beautiful and there were my duck friends again. We took a few pictures but it wasn't the beautiful picture I had envisioned. I was trying not to be disappointed but I was.
 
On our drive back to my apartment we crossed the bridge and I saw the sunrise I had hoped to capture. Alex turned around and parted and we were able to capture the above moment. Followed by a wonderful homemade crepe breakfast.

I borrowed an idea from Brest Friend, that for my pandemic/quarantine birthday I requested that those on Facebook share a memory or story as part of their birthday message. It was so lovely to reconnect with friends some of whom I hadn't really talked with since high school. My favourite part was responding to many of the messages with my own memory of the person.

 
I was also given flowers for my birthday. I wonder how long I can keep them alive.

For supper I was given the sweetest gift. Half our home doesn't like mushrooms. I love them. Susi got the recipe for my very favourite mushroom sauce that is perfect for steak. It was delightful and rich. 
 
And she found these amazing glow in the dark candles. They were so cool. The two pictures below were both taken with the lights off. The second was with the camera's night setting.
 
After we cleaned up from dinner we tried a new cooperative game. It is a speed version of Pandemic called "Rapid Response" I am not sure I liked it but we won.

 
Then we worked a bit on our Disney Ursula puzzle

And we ended the night with a movie and these ridiculous face masks. 
I love that Alex is willing to do silly things with me. 
 
Be yourself, unless you can be a unicorn...
then be a unicorn.

It was a perfect birthday. Thank you for being a part of it.

Comments