Makeup Month! Day 4

I was experimental today, twice. First, I used a purple lipstick by NYX from their Suede Matte Lipsticks called "Lavender and Lace." I was surprised how much I loved it. A good friend said, "It looks good but also like your lips are turning blue because you're too cold." What do you think, does a purple lip work? Should I try this again?

The second experiment was the yellow eye shadow. I think it read better in person; I don't seem to get the rich colour I want. I believe a beauty guru would say something about the quality of the pigments. I fully expect the reason for the limited vibrant look is because my skill level.

About the foundation, I tried to see if less could be more. I skipped the concealer under/near my eyes. I used less power today and also kept it from my eye area. And left off the bronzer step. I didn't feel as heavy. My skin is still reacting so up close it looked flaky but okay in videos and pictures so that's a win.

The Skincare Saga:
I'm not sure if the issue is the toner. Any product I used today that had moisturizer in the title lit my face on fire; some more than others. There were five. First up was my go to sunscreen/moisturizer by Neutrogena. It was the least painful. I've been using it for over ten years. I think any stinging was because the skin is very sensitive and raw from reacting to the toner and other products.

Next came primers. I normally use a mix of two primers by Smashbox. I got both last year in a sample just before Christmas, Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Photo Finish Primerizer. One of Sister's friend, who took cosmetics, recommended mixing the two together. She was giving me advice for a cosplay and also taught me how to apply fake eyelashes. I've never had a problem with either. Today, I just put a dab of the Primerizer above my eyebrows. It burned so much; I explained it as pealing a layer of skin off and then pouring lemon juice on it. More like a reaction to tenderness caused by another product. Regardless, I decided to skip the Primerizer and just use the regular primer.

The last moisturizer step in the morning was a BB cream. I don't know what I was thinking after the pain from the Primerizer. I covered my full face. It was just rawness for the next five or so minutes. Again, I think it was more like putting something on a wound then an actual cause of the wound. I wiped it off and applied a liquid foundation. The foundation felt fine.

Throughout the day my skin felt dry, flaky, and itchy (from the dryness). It didn't burn again till my night routine. Soap and makeup removers were okay steps. I used an anti-wrinkle cream. It normally gives my skin a tingle but there was nothing more than that. Last I added a moisturizer I use at night. It was the worst pain. I was told it looked like I had a rash all over my face and that I was also breaking out. I don't want to go completely without some moisturizer but I also don't want to use products that are making the healing worse. I will continue to do the small area tests to avoid a full face of pain. For now the saga continues...

Comments