Makeup Month! Day 3

I have a theory!
It could be bunnies...
I do in fact have a theory, and it's not bunnies. If you caught the first two Makeup Month posts I've been talking about how my skin is negatively reacting to something in my daily skincare routine. I have a theory on the culprit. I think it's my toner. This morning I tired a mini test. I only used it on the outside of my face and that was the only area to sting. Tonight, I skipped it all together during my bedtime routine. There was no irritation. I'm going to leave it out of the mix for the next four days and see how my skin reacts. It surprises me a little, I've used this specific produce off and on for the last four years and it's never caused this type of trouble. I'm also wondering if it an ingredient in this particular toner or all toners.

Makeup wise,  I remembered to take a picture earlier in the day. The look is pretty simple. It's a red lip with a neutral eye and one of my best attempts at a black eyeliner. I tried using two different eyeliners today. The first didn't fair well. The second was a cheaper line but I thought gave a better result. The red lipstick is from NXY but I forget the name.

Something I want to figure out this month is how to treat the under eye area. The few beauty vloggers I've watched seem to cake that area in concealer and powder. In real life the result, at least on me, is that any fine lines I may have look more pronounced. And sometimes the makeup actually makes me look older and more tired. If you wear makeup have you noticed the same thing? Have you figured out a solution?

Comments