Makeup Month! Day 16

It's another MLP look. For day two the inspiration is Fluttershy, the soft spoken yellow pony. This look started very similar to yesterday. I began with my regular primer and foundation because of Fluttershy's soft nature I only used a transparent setting powder and again skipped the contouring and bronzer. For the lip I used the same Annabelle Metallic Lipliner - Sparkle and the Sweet Tart lipstick from yesterday.

I liked the result of the white eye crayon to prepare my eye. It created a tacky surface that helped the colours last all day. I used the same palettes as I did for Pinkie Pie, NYX Ultimate Bright Shadow palette and NYX's Mystic Petals: Midnight Orchid palette. Then to get a softer pink used the Cover Girl TruNaked: Roses palette. The original look was very different. Everything went wrong when I attempted to add a black liner. I had to start over. This is more soft then my first look but I think it fits the inspiration better.

Similar to yesterday, there are things I would do differently if I was to try a Fluttershy again. The biggest issue is the colours aren't right. Like yesterday, the only yellow I had on hand was too bright. Fluttershy is more pastel. Maybe I'll do that in a year, repeat this challenge with side by sides to see differences.

Comments