Makeup Month! Day 15

Today my ridiculously fun makeup inspiration challenge began (because 30 Days of Makeup wasn't enough of a challenge?) I had so much fun with this look! I knew I wanted to have a mostly pink look and yet still use the blue and yellow from Pinkie Pie's cutie mark. I began yesterday looking at Pinterest for ideas. There are some very talented people out there with amazing details and skills. I knew I couldn't accomplish most of what I saw but it helped me make a plan. I also decided that the MLP looks were inspirations and I wouldn't attempt to add a cutie mark on the eye.

I began with my regular primer and foundation but skipped the contouring and bronzer. Next I worked in the lip colour. It is a mix of the Annabelle Metallic Lipliner - Sparkle, the Maybelline's Super Stay Ink Crayon in Run the World, and lastly the lipstick is Colorburst Lip Butter in the now discontinued Sweet Tart.

During my preparation I watched tutorial for a rainbow dash look. It might not be today's pony but the video was helpful in rethinking how to prepare my eye. What I learned was to use a white eye crayon to make a base so the colours could really pop. I had the white from a cosplay and got started. The eyeshadows came from two different NYX palettes, NYX Ultimate Bright Shadow palette and NYX's Mystic Petals: Midnight Orchid palette.

Overall I am happy with my first MLP attempt. I have a few things I would do differently, some related to the application that I can apply to the next looks. My only regret are that the yellow and blue aren't quite right.

Comments