Makeup Month! Day 29

I've noticed something about myself this month. If I've found a product I like I pretty much use that company. Most looks I've done this month seem to use the same three primary sources, NXY, Maybelline, and Smashbox. There are others mixed in such as the odd product from Cover Girl but the majority still comes from those main three. And for skin care that seems to be Neutrogena. Since the arrival of the IPSY Glam Bag, I have branched out a bit, not much, but a bit. It's hard to want to experiment. I don't want to buy something that I'm not going to want to use. Makeup adds up and buying an unknown item feels like a waste.

Still, sometimes trying plays off. Today the look is done with brands I don't normally use. To start with I applied the light shade of the L'Oreal BB cream. I can't decide if this is better on me then the fair. I am using less of either from when I started; I think it is a good thing. One of the foundation tutorials I saw suggested not using any foundation right under the eye.  This is to avoid the product extenuating the lines under my eyes.

For the lips I used the ISPY glam gift lipstick in Courage. For the eye I used a dark grey for the dark shade from a Japanese company. I have had it for far too long but it is still so pretty. On the actual lid I tried a single silver shadow by Sephora, it's the only thing I own from Sephora. I originally bought it for a fancy night to complement a purple dress. I'm not sure silver is my best colour look but it was fun to try.

Skin Saga: my skin has been responding well to the new products. I have a bit of product break-out but it is settling down and the stinging skin has lessened greatly. In the past week when there has been a painful reaction it was after exfoliating and I should have anticipated it.

Comments