Makeup Month! Day 17

Day three is Rarity. She is known for her generosity, fashion sense, and glamour (which is the reason for the shiny earring). I've enjoyed attempting to connect my clothes to the pony, a kind of undercover cosplay. On to the makeup...

The foundation is a little different from my regular routine. When out for essentials I picked up a few new products. I was hoping to mix my regular liquid foundation with a lighter shade. Only, I miss remembered the number and got a shade a bit darker. I mixed the two together to get started. I was so focused on the mixing and my frustration with myself that I forgot primer.

For the lip I started with the Smashbox Always Sharp Lip Liner and finished it with one of my other new products another Maybelline's Super Stay Ink Crayon this time in Seek Adventure. I greatly enjoy these lip crayons. I think I prefer them to a regular lipstick. They go on smooth, last, and I like the feel.

I continued the use of a white eye crayon to prepare my eye. I almost considered just leaving my eye all white with a purple eyeliner but it looked too off putting. Instead I used the NYX's Mystic Petals: Midnight Orchid palette for the purple in the crease and a NYX eyeliner in purple for the waterline. I had a single NYX shadow pot in white that I covered the lid and finished it with a shimmery white for a Japanese set I got years ago.

The two things I would do different 1) I find the white didn't keep the same bright whiteness I was looking for. I am not sure if that was a product problem or an issue with the lighting. Next time I would want to find a way to make the white pop more. I guess I could have used an editing tool like FaceTune to fix that but I am currently committed to my #notabeautyguru and that includes not editing the photos. What you see is what you get. 2) I think all the ponies looks would be better with fake lashes. I've picked up a set...I might try them next week.

Comments